Friday, January 2, 2009

cheap digital thrills




if you want something cool to do on the internet, you can get the old quest for glory games. hero's quest is available at abandonia.com. I found it when I was searching for qfg2 maps, so you might have to dig through that site a little more than I did, but it's there. there is no sound as of yet, but if I figure it out, I'll blog about that. trial by fire is at agdinteractive.com and comes in much better quality if you use xp like my computer. make sure you configure it to run in a window and pick the wrong number combination. the game will tell you that it is wrong, but do it anyway. I played #2 quite a bit today and found that a map would really help, so here are the maps to both games. there is one last thought to discuss here. is it cool to do this because i didn't pay a single cent and got rare old games, or does even knowing about them, let alone knowing what to do in them verify that I am an ultra-dork, and hence not cool?

No comments: